1. Lagos: Nigeria’s largest commercial city, Lagos recorded the highest with an estimated 16.87 million internet subscribers. In the state, Mtn had 5.57 million internet subscribers, Glo with 3.93 million, Airtel with 5.13 million, 9mobile with 2.05 million and others accounted for 175,308 subscribers.
2. Ogun: Ogun state came second on the list with a total of 7.51 million internet subscribers. The breakdown shows that Mtn had 2.98 million, followed by Airtel (2.11 million), Glo (1.79 million), 9mobile (619,119) and others (11,612) internet subscribers in the state.
3. Kano: The state had the third highest number of internet subscribers in Nigeria. Kano had 6.95 million internet subscribers with Mtn accounting for the biggest share with 3.32 million, followed by Airtel with 2.05 million, Glo (1.01 million), 9mobile with 560,000 and others (13,903) internet subscribers.
4. Oyo: Total internet subscribers in the state were estimated at 6.30 million. In Oyo, being the third state from the western region in the list had Glo took the lead with 2.20 million subscribers, Mtn followed closely with 2.07 million, Airtel had 1.73 million, 9mobile (263,497) and others (39,952).
5. FCT: The federal capital territory (FCT) had a total of 5.70 million internet subscribers to rank the 5th in the list. The breakdown shows that MTN led in FCT with 1.91 million of internet subscribers, Glo came closely with a total subscribers of 1.90 million, Airtel had 1.28 million subscribers and 9mobile recorded 522,067 internet subscribers while others shared75,178 subscribers.
6. Kaduna: Internet Subscribers in Kaduna state were estimated at 5.51 million. Across the state, MTN took the top spot with 2.25 million, followed by Airtel with 1.71 million, Glo (1.07 million), 9mobile (423,823) and others with (45,128) internet subscribers.
7. Rivers: According to the report, Rivers state ranked the 7th and the first southern state in the list had an estimated subscriber of 4.97 million. Across the state, MTN took the lead with 2.16 million, Airtel had 1.29 million, Glo had 1.10 million, 9mobile (376,894) and others (40,619) internet users.
8. Delta: Delta state had a total of 4.25 million of internet subscribers. The breakdown shows that Mtn had a total of 1.76 million internet subscribers, followed by Airtel with 1.22 million, Glo (1.13 million), 9mobile (135,866) and others (9,576).
9. Edo: Edo state had a total of 4 million internet subscribers in which Glo had the largest share totaled at 1.56 million, followed closely is MTN with 1.35 million, Airtel (890,798), 9mobile (170,500) and others with 18,639 subscribers in the state.
10. Niger: Nigerstate, the third northern state and ranked the tenth position with the highest number of internet subscribers in Nigeria. The state had a total of 3.68 million internet subscribers. Mtn occupies the largest share with 1.37 million, Glo with 1.15 million, Airtel and 9mobile with 862,738 and 291,350 respectively and others (776).